We are seeking a Control Room Supervisor looking for growth within our organization. This position is for a Senior Reactor Operator license candidate who will perform the duties of a Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) at our Power Plant located in the beautiful Great Lakes region. You will be responsible for providing supervision of shift operations functions of the Nuclear Generation organization to ensure the safe, reliable and efficient operations of the nuclear power plant and all its related equipment. In accordance with the plant operating license, approved procedures, and management expectations. You will direct the operations of the plant, turbine generator, and their auxiliaries while maintaining a broad perspective of operational conditions affecting the safety of the plant. The future is bright here, if this sounds like an environment you would thrive and like to grow in, we have an exciting opportunity for you to become part of the family as a Senior Reactor Operator at our plant!
- Directs plant operations activities to produce maximum electrical output at minimum costs, consistent with regulatory requirements.
- Maintains, controls, and directs plant activities to ensure control room monitoring remains the primary focus and directs the crew for the strategic implementation of normal and emergency operating procedures.
- Maintains close oversight of control room activities to detect errors or lapses in judgement or a breakdown in role responsibilities by other crew members, including asserting their authority for command and control whenever high standards are not being maintained.
- Conducts human reliability assessment of each crew member looking for indications of stress, anxiety, or nervousness and takes actions accordingly to address.
- Ensures plant activities are properly managed and coordinated and determines which activities require control room staff attention, including minimizing distractions.
- Conducts observations and evaluates performance against the station standards, identifies gaps in performance and provides coaching and feedback.
- May perform the function of field support supervisor or incident assessor.
- Performs crew briefings and updates to keep crewmembers aware of plant conditions and challenges.
- Maintains the Crew Performance Notebook
- Participates as Emergency Response Organization member and responds to call-ins.
- Job and Regulatory Qualifications: High School diploma or equivalent GED.
- Four years’ responsible power plant experience of which a minimum of one year shall be Nuclear power plant experience.
- A maximum of 2 years of the remaining 3 years of power plant experience may be fulfilled by academic or related technical training on a one-for-one time basis.
- Must obtain and maintain Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) license issued by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
- Must meet the eligibility requirement of current INPO ACAD for an RO Upgrade or Direct SRO Currently holds a Reactor Operator license (greater than 1 year).
- Ability to work effectively with employees at all organizational levels, communicating effectively both orally and in writing.