Our client, Radioactive Waste Management (RWM), are seeking to appoint a Director of Communication and Stakeholder Engagement as part of their objective to deliver one of the world’s largest environmental projects.
About the Organisation
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA), RWM is the delivery organisation for a major multi-billion pound national infrastructure programme established to deliver a geological disposal facility (GDF) and provide solutions for the management of radioactive waste in the UK. The challenges are numerous and varied, providing excellent opportunities for you to apply your existing skills and experience across all communications disciplines and stakeholder management, and continue to develop personally through involvement in this nationally significant infrastructure project. This is a great opportunity to join an organisation which can say with conviction, that the successful delivery of its mission will make a positive difference to future generations.
It is the responsibility of the Director of Communication and Stakeholder Engagement to lead, direct and be single point of accountability for all of RWM’s communications strategies and engagement plans.
The successful candidate will be a member of the Executive team and will report directly to the RWM Chief Executive, with strong functional links to the NDA Group Director of Communications and Stakeholder Relations.
- Leading the development and implementation of comprehensive communications and stakeholder engagement strategies and plans to support the delivery of RWM’s mission and objectives.
- Directing and supporting RWM’s engagement with stakeholders and potential host communities during the GDF siting programme.
- Developing stakeholder engagement and communications strategies and plans to support the NDA and its delivery of the UK integrated waste management programme.
- Developing communications and engagement strategies and plans to support the transformation programme and embed organisational culture change.
- Providing advice to the RWM Executive and Board on stakeholder engagement and communications issues.
- A track record of strategic leadership in the development of communication and engagement strategies
- Proven experience of building and sustaining effective partnerships
- A history of impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences
- A track record of commitment to promoting the values of an organisation
- Educated to degree level or a relevant level of directly related experience
- A professional qualification in an appropriate discipline
- Experience of operating in high profile and sensitive industry sectors, ideally with a mix of public and private sectors
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
- Confidence and personal credibility to deal with senior level media, industry and political stakeholders
- Proven track record of delivery
- Innovative/creative solutions based thinker
- Competitive base salary
- Generous Bonus