CRANE Nuclear, a subsidiary of Crane Co. (NYSE:CR), delivers leading-edge valves, services, and testing technologies to the nuclear industry. They are a leading provider of valves and related services for domestic and international nuclear power customers which includes valves, valve parts, valve testing products, and valve maintenance/testing service. Crane Nuclear features recognized valve brands and is an industry leader in valve diagnostic technology and valve maintenance/testing scope-based process driven services.
CRANE Nuclear is a $65 million stand-alone business within the Fluid Handling division of Crane Co. The business provides valve maintenance/testing services, valves, valve parts and valve testing products to domestic and international commercial nuclear power customers. It features recognized valve brands and is an industry leader in valve diagnostic technology and valve maintenance/testing scope-based process driven services. There are 170 dedicated full-time associates in North America. Additional 500-700 individuals are contracted twice per year to support planned nuclear plant outages for maintenance and testing. It is headquartered in Kennesaw, Georgia with operations in Bolingbrook, Illinois.
Reporting to the Vice President of Services, the Sales Director is responsible for the strategy, execution, and sales performance for Crane’s Valve Services Division. Direct reports include three Regional Area Managers and an Inside Sales Manager. The position is located in Kennesaw, Georgia with a 50% travel requirement.
Position Title: Director of Sales
Direct Reports: 4
Reporting To: Vice President of Services
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
- Drive the Commercial (Sales) Team to execute against Sales Plan for each of Crane Nuclear’s product lines which include: On-site Field Services, After Market Valve & Parts Sales, Diagnostic Equipment Sales, New Plant Construction Valve Sales, Diagnostic Testing and Training.
- In conjunction with the overall business strategy, help craft and implement a structured account management approach which identifies opportunities, important decision makers and the necessary activities to ensure the business secures orders.
- Develop team by instilling sales fundamentals, skills and practices, and ensuring accountability for results. Facilitate cadence of review to maximize sales by providing leadership and direction to direct reports and key stakeholders.
- Utilize Salesforce.com as the mechanism for sales process. Provide accurate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts against the annual sales plan.
- Develop rolling 12-month sales forecast using bottom up approach working collaboratively with direct reports and leadership team to finalize and submit quarterly.
- Travel extensively with each of the Regional Area Managers (RAM) in order to implement a structured key account campaign for each of the customers within the RAMs account profile.
- Develop strong relationships with key customer accounts (EX: Duke Power, Exelon, TVA) to maintain and grow our business.
- Create a strong “team” mentality, with outside and inside sales supporting each other to deliver results. Transition Inside Sales team from customer service / order takers to business developers.
- Develop a clear picture of the customer landscape, including all opportunities and how we will win through price, product, place and promotion (4 P’s).
- Prospect new accounts with vigor. Develop a plan to attack the market, inclusive of meetings with key decision makers, attendance of industry meetings and trade shows, and other methods.
- Utilize actionable Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to provide visibility and establish clear direction for sales deliverables.
- 5+ years’ experience selling into Power, Oil and Gas or Chemical plant, required.
- 3-5 years sales managing experience in a process focused/solution selling environment,required.
- 2 years minimum selling Nuclear Power interacting at multiple levels from Procurement through Senior Management, required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Sales, or technical related degree, required.
- Experience selling services into industrial industries, required.
- Ability to penetrate large accounts through key account management process.
- Experience managing inside sales resources.
- Experience working with the businesses’ leadership to provide financial forecasting as it relates to top line sales.
- Uncompromising ethics and integrity in all business interactions.
- Must be process oriented, highly organized and have a continuous improvement mindset.
- Excellent communication skills – setting clear expectations and motivating team, communicating internally with various departments and levels, presentations skills, etc.
- Willingness to travel 50%.
- Valve experience a plus.
- Experience utilizing a CRM in sales organization, Salesforce.com experience preferred.
Crane Nuclear has a fully competitive compensation package and the appropriate candidate will be offered an attractive salary, excellent benefits, and relocation assistance commensurate with candidate’s experience and with the position.