The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) is the nation’s largest public power provider and relies on a flexible mix of energy sources – fossil, hydro, renewables, and nuclear power. TVA’s three nuclear plants – Watts Bar, near Spring City, TN; Browns Ferry near Athens, AL; and Sequoyah, in Soddy-Daisy, TN., – account for about 30 percent of TVAs energy – powering more than 4.5 million homes and businesses. With the addition of the first new commercial nuclear reactor brought on line in the US in the 21st century, Watts Bar Unit 2, TVA continues to invest in nuclear power as a key to achieving their mission of energy, environmental stewardship and economic development to make life better for the Tennessee Valley.
TVA is seeking a Sr. Manager, Human Resources BP of Nuclear Operations to lead the development, delivery, and implementation of Human Resources (HR) programs, products and services to Nuclear Power Group organizations through HR business partner leaders and consultants. This is a Strategic role that will work very closely with TVA’s CNO. This individual must be a team focused leader, with the ability to establish clear vision and standards for HR value delivery to the Nuclear Operations organization that are agile and able to quickly meet changing business needs. It will be important to be able to assess and elevate the skills and capabilities of HR business partner leaders and consultants to ensure they are fully equipped to meet client business needs and are empowered to and capable of appropriately adjusting to respond to changing needs. Ensures optimal coordination of resources working in concert to produce an integrated system of HR services and products focused on TVA’s business performance outcomes. Provides administrative and technical supervisor to HR employees. The position is located at TVA’s corporate headquarters in Chattanooga, TN.
- Manages service delivery with a focus on fostering business partnerships with ultimate accountability for organizations served, TVA Operations and the CNO.
- Advises executive-level customers, solution builders and service providers in a way to ensure HR solutions are focused on TVA’s business outcomes and in keeping with HR’s strategic direction. Prioritize, orchestrate and leverage HR resources necessary to meet these objectives.
- Knowledgeable of strategic business unit performance plans and operations, including short-term and long-term issues and needs. Proactively evaluates, anticipates, and identifies HR needs/issues.
- Directs solution builders and service providers in developing and delivering strategies and initiatives which progressively enhance the business outcomes and support improvements in efficiency, innovation and competitiveness for the company.
- Manages HR programs and activities to ensure proper implementation and coordination, internally and externally, and that they are sufficiently integrated with related TVA and federal programs to efficiently and cost-effectively accomplish customer requirements and organizational objectives. Promotes HR process standardization and measurement.
- Creates and promotes visibility with nuclear industry and knowledge of industry best practices.
- Promotes TVA’s culture model and ensures its integration HR initiatives, communications, customer/stakeholder interface, and employee relations.
- Direct supervision inclusive of supervising managers and individual contributors. Manages a staff of 3 Site HR Managers, 1 Corporate HR Manager and staff, overall responsibility of up to 15 employees.
- Ability to assess and direct talent to effectively execute the vision of the HR business partner role.
- Team player with strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Project management and change management capabilities.
- Strong business acumen and ability to understand competitive challenges and is able to identify key human resource strategies to complement organizational strategy.
- Strong time management and priority management skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions.
- BS degree in Human Resources or equivalent experience/ education/ training. An advanced degree is desirable.
- 10+ years of progressive Nuclear HR experience.
- Requires demonstrated knowledge/ experience in advanced HR disciplines including workforce planning and staffing, leadership continuity, succession planning, performance management, compensation, employee recognition, learning and development, and labor relations, typically gained through more than.
- Must have previous experience in human resource management and prior commercial nuclear experience required.
- PHR or SPHR certification is desirable.
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive salary and excellent benefits including relocation assistance